Sunday, 6 January 2013

TRAVEL: NYE in Paris, Gent and alcoholism (not)

We arrived in Belgium straight away on new years day and took a one way inter rail pass from Paris to Brussels. For nearly two hours we passed out the moment we sat down on our designated seat since we were so beaten up from the NYE party the night before which was organized by some guy from CouchSurfing and boy was I drain from the all night dancing! You would thought the party would be small but it wasn't! We went to that party in Paris with our CouchSurfing host (who was awesome by the way) and just basically went ape crazy there (not really). It was sad though we didn't catch the fire works along the Eiffel Tower on time due to the massive metro traffic, it was crazy. People squished themselves inside the metro, well jam-packed you can see their faces pressed upon the glass like the ones you see in movies. No joke but it was ridiculously funny and stupid all at the same time. We were warned about this but the tourist inside us was so stubborn we insisted on going plus I was being such a lady and nearly took forever.. not on make-up though. The alcoholic in me wanted to stay and drink 2012 away but was pushed on one hour before it ended to pursue our way to one of the world's most iconic landmark but didn't made it on time. Yeah, shame on me. Anyways, new year in Paris surely was a great night to remember.

Nevertheless, I am afraid to inform you all that though I bought two digital cameras and an iPhone with me, I still managed to NOT take a lot of photos. Why? I got a film camera! So we have to wait till they are developed and scanned. Anyways, I was in Gent and it is certainly a city which you should include on your travel bucket list at some point. That city is so gorgeous! Every part of it is basically too picturesque. It was practically empty when we were there because apparently the whole Belgium close down after new year like in Finland. We certainly still enjoyed our stay nevertheless. Till next time folks! It is a bit hard to write an entry using iPhone but this is all I have at the moment so bear with me!

-E






3 comments:

  1. Wow! So cool! Very much like!

    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! I've been reading your web site for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!
    Also visit my blog post click the next site

    ReplyDelete